Kendamil Goat: The G.O.A.T. of Goat Milk Infant Formulas
If you are looking for a baby formula brand that uses goat milk for your baby with a sensitive tummy or specific dietary needs, Kendamil Goat Infant Formula is a great option to consider. Our award-winning recipe is the first (and only) European whole goat milk infant formula that is US-approved and available in-store nationwide for families!
What’s so special about Kendamil goat milk?
- Made with love in Europe: Every drop of whole goat milk that goes into Kendamil Goat Infant Formula is sourced from family farms in Europe.
- Our most gentle formula: Whole goat milk with A2 protein, goat whey and prebiotic GOS may ease digestion and help address gas, fussiness, reflux and constipation
- Easier to digest: Natural goat milk fats have more short fatty acid chains that are easier for little tummies to break down versus vegetable oils such as palm oil. Lactose forms the same natural, digestible carbohydrate as found in breast milk.
- Naturally closer to breast milk: Goat milk contains more A2 beta-caseins, selenium and natural prebiotics, all found in breast milk, compared to cow’s milk
- Our most advanced goat formula: The only goat formula globally to include natural MFGM and natural HMOs, present in breast milk and linked to infant cognitive development and immune system development respectively.
- Award-winning: Kendamil Goat won the prestigious ‘Grand-Gold’ award from Monde Selection, the equivalent of a ‘Michelin star’ for food quality, recognizing the unique natural innovations Kendamil have realized in this iconic recipe.
- The complete journey: Kendamil Goat Infant Formula and Goat Toddler Formula will support your baby’s feeding journey with us throughout their first years.
- Family founded: Natural goodness from a family brand you can trust, still 100% family owned and operated with over 60 years’ expertise crafting infant formula.
As you can see, we like to think Kendamil is the G.O.A.T. (‘Greatest Of All Time’) of goat formulas! Let’s get into the science to explain why this formula is so special …
A2 Goat Milk
When mammalian milk comes into contact with the acidic environment of your baby's stomach, a remarkable transformation occurs: curds are formed. These curds can vary in consistency, with some milk types yielding slightly firmer curds, while goat’s milk produces smaller and softer curds.
Basically, when babies digest milk, these proteins form little lumps (the curds) in the tummy. In our goat milk, these lumps are softer and tinier. This is thanks to the unique A2 proteins found in goat milk, the same beta-casein protein structure as found in breast milk. The A2 proteins found in goat milk break down more easily thanks to them being soft and small, meaning naturally gentler digestion for your baby.
Even better, Kendamil add goat whey to our formula. Like cow’s milk, goat milk is a casein protein-dominant milk, so by adding additional goat whey, we rebalance the protein ratio to be whey dominant. Why is this important? Well, studies have shown that a whey dominant protein ratio, along with the softer and smaller A2 curds, is closer to that of breast milk compared to cow’s milk, which may help your little one digest their milk faster and more easily!
GOS (galacto-oligosaccharides) are prebiotics - the essential food source for intestinal flora (better known as gut microbiota), which is a complex system of bacteria keeping the gut, and the rest of the body, functioning. Studies have shown that more gut microbiota in the intestinal tract may mean…
- Better immunity
- Stronger metabolism
- Less inflammation
- Better brain function
…and overall helps your baby to develop a healthy gut, therefore supporting immunity, both through better immune cell function and quicker immune response.
Kendamil is committed to providing a European-made, high-quality, inclusive, accessible and sustainable baby formula that supports your baby’s growth and development. With Kendamil, you can trust that your baby is getting the best possible nutrition, without the nasties.
To find out more about our goat milk, click here!
Remember, every baby's needs are different, and it's important to consult a pediatrician if you have any worries surrounding your baby’s health - like milk intolerances or allergies - before making any changes to your baby's diet. If your baby is diagnosed by your pediatrician to have a cow's milk protein allergy (CMPA) or is otherwise sensitive to cow's milk, we recommend discussing with your pediatrician the infant formula most suited to your baby’s needs. Goat milk formulas are not recommended for children with a confirmed diagnosis of cow milk protein allergy (CMPA).
By staying informed and considering your baby's individual requirements, you can make the best choices for your little one's health and well-being.